The checklist of assignments/challenges donators have given me.
- For every continent I receive (€ 10,00)
- Write a poem or a short story. (€ 25,00)
- Let someone say a Frisian word, I have to speak a word in the language of that country I visit. (€ 2,00 for every recording up to a total of € 100,00)
Make a photograph of a poem (on a wall, tile etc.) (€ 10,00 for every poem up to a total of € 50,00)
- Get ‘home made’ recipes from locals. € 5,00 for each recipe, another € 5,00 when they’re tasty.
Make a selfy by passing the river Elbe. (€ 5,00)
Make a selfy at Fornæs Fyr at Grenå. (€ 5,00)
Visit the only stave church in Sweden, Hedared. (€ 50,00) Camp wild at a fjord. (€ 50,00) Eat stockfish with locals. (€ 10,00) Make a photograph of the midsummernight. (€ 50,00) Send a postcard from the North Cape. (€ 50,00) Make a selfy at a sign of the Polar Circle. (€ 5,00) Make a picture of a wolf-dog (because of the name Coop of such a dog in the serie Virals by Kathy Reichs being translated by a colleague and me). (€ 50,00) Make a selfy at Skoganvarre (appears in the book Nooit meer slapen by W.F. Hermans, the book was made into the film Beyond Sleep). (€ 5,00) Make a group photo on the North Cape while drinking Grutte Pier (we had a biweekly meeting in a bar under the name Grutte Pier Tripel Treffen). (€ 100,00) Send a postcard from Karasjok, the last town I visit before entering Finland. (€ 25,00) Find and send a bilingual volume of poetry (Sami – Norwegian). (€ 20,00)
Rent a mökki (a Finnish holiday home with a sauna) and go in the sauna. (€ 10,00) Experience midsummernight or make a midnight cycle trip. (€ 10,00)
- Dig into the mythical history of the Finns by going to the Kalevala Spirit Expercience Park in Kuhmo. With a guide! (€ 10,00)
Make a selfy with a Swedish-Finnish (bilingual) town sign. (€ 5,00) Find and buy the organ setting of the piece Finlandia by Sibelius. Find and send a bilingual volume of poetry (Sami – English). (€ 20,00)
Make a selfy with something that shows Russian influence. (€ 5,00) Find and send a bilingual volume of poetry (Estonian – English. (€ 20,00)
Make a selfy at the place where I cross the river Daugava. (€ 5,00) Find and send a bilingual volume of poetry (Latvian – English). (€ 20,00)
Check a book in the library of the university of Kaunas. (€ 100,00) Make a selfy at the place where I cross the river Neman. (€ 5,00) Find and send a bilingual volume of poetry (Lithuanian – English). (€ 20,00)
Make a selfy at the Branicki-Palace in Bialystok. (€ 5,00) Find and send a bilingual volume of poetry (Polish – English). (€ 20,00)
- Write a letter (a real one by snail mail) to my host in Bialystok. (€ 10,00)
- For every year I am not in the Netherlands I receive € 25,00.